Friday, July 22, 2011

It is where it all started

Twenty two years ago, Mrs. Eredia gave birth to a lovely, healthy and cute baby girl in Chong Hua Hospital in Cebu city. She named that baby girl Arriane and that's me! But that is not the main highlight of the story. After couple of days me and my mother went home to the beautiful City of Talisay and that is where it all started.
I've been living here for almost 23 years already. Although, it is quite far from Cebu city and it is an hour drive. I didn't regret it because I find my peace here and I could say I am safe here. Did you know that Talisay city used to be an Agustinian estate in 1648 but only became a municipality in 1849 with Silverio Fernandez as its first gobernadorcillo and Pedro Labuca as capitan. Some accounts trace the origin of its name from Magtalisay trees abounding in areas while others claim origin of the name from a town in Spain. In both the American and Japanese occupations, Talisay served as haven of colonial forces. During World War II, the city served as the center of guerilla intelligence operations for the Philippine residence movement in Cebu. The returning American forces made their historic landing in the beach of Talisay on March 26, 1945 - an event that marked the eventual surrender of the Japanese forces in Cebu. The event is now annually commemorated by the provincial government of Cebu. 

            THIS IS OUR BEAUTIFUL CITYHALL

The tourist attractions of my hometown...........
THE LARAWAN BEACH
 Location: Brgy. Poblacion, Talisay City Cebu


We have also Falls in my hometown and I wish I could visit it with my friends... Then swim in it and let the water massage our tiring body.

This the Igutan Falls located at Brgy. Jaclupan, Talisay City Cebu and according to my friends it is a two drive or you can go by motorcyle... popularly called "Habal-Habal".
After the Falls lets go to the famous pool resort in my hometown....... The first pool I will mention is Villa Terrsita...... they have 4 pools as far as i could remember it hehehhe. They have a very long and tall slide and if you want to try it you'll be scared at first because of the height. But the experience is worth it. My friends tried it and they super like it but as for me... "Nahhh... I am a scardy cat hehehhe "



The second pool is acqua Cainta... hehehehe it has only 2 pools....In this Pool, I almost drowned myself because when I tried there slide I thought my friends knows how to swim and they going to catch or save me but it was really a wrong idea. Luckily, the slide is a little bit near to side so with my best effort i really tried to swim and save myself from drowning. After which, i have my phobia on slides already hehehhe eventhough, I had swimming lessons already.



Another Tourist Destination in my hometown is Crocolandia....It  has a medium sized zoo and Crocodiles and Alligators lives....Prepare to be mesmerize.




These are only a few animals that you can see in our zoo..... They have many kinds of birds, tarsier, deer, iguana, and most of all the crocodiles and they were so big... I bet they could eat you alive....Scary...... hehehhe I hope you can visit them hehehehehe.
After the beaches, Falls, pool and the zoo lets go to our Festival....."Chibugan nah!"  The festival that we celebrate is called the Halad Festival. It is the traditional gesture of thanksgiving by the Talisaynons during the annual fiesta celebration. People from all walks of life flock to the city to dance, offer and join the merriment as one grateful community in celebration of the feast in honor of Sta. Teresa de Avila. The city comes alive with activities such as trade fairs, nightly variety shows, civic parade and street dancing. Cooking demonstrations & a food fair will also feature the cityĆ¢€™s famous product, lechon, acclaimed to be one of the best in the country. The celebration is laced with a series of nightly presentations and display of agro-industrial products and the search for Ms. Talisay City Tourism. Talisaynons go back to Talisay City just to celebrate and to take part of the Fiesta celebration.

Eventhough we have Halad Festival, we still have  our small fiesta like per barangay fiesta depending on what Saint they are devoting to. Like for example in our very own place our barngay fiesta is celebrated on May 1 in honor for St. Joseph... during that time we go to our neighbor's house to eat... yehey!!!! yummy!!! i love that day!!!
We have also our old church. It was built in 1836 and considered as one the oldest parish church in the country, where we, Talisaynons advocate Sta. Teresa de Avila as Patroness. Situated at
Poblacion in front of the old city hall. It could be visited anytime.

For now, this is the end of our trip to my hometown. The place that mold me and witness my everyday existence. There are a lot to share but it is nice if you could come and experience what am I experiencing. Hope you like my presentation. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment